The challenges ahead
- Change of organization and practices to be mastered: Accor HQ User Services outsources part of its IT support team
- The new outsourced team is to become the one and only point of entry for users concerning complaints to the IT department (incidents and service requests).
- Existing teams have not capitalized on their Accor-specific IT support knowledge.
- The absence of documentation is an opportunity to build a knowledge base for the incoming outsourcer’s team.
1. Analyze knowledge gaps in response to incidents and requests (business fundamentals).
2. Plan the drafting of procedures over a 2-month period, with 2 technical writers, before the transition to outsourcing.
3. Set up the ServiceNow knowledge base (classification plan, authorizations, escalation groups, templates, metadata) according to the established process and have the procedures validated by Accor before use.
A permanent knowledge base of over 200 validated procedures for use by outsourced teams, prior to production by Accor teams.
A structured knowledge base, on ServiceNow (KM module), containing standardized documentation and a validation workflow configured with steps and rights according to profiles.
Up-to-date, scalable knowledge management processes used by the new Managed Service Desk